Physical therapy and wellness services for those living with chronic pain who want a more flexible option to regain a healthy, active lifestyleAshley Drake, PT, DPT – THe well pt
The Well PT Philosophy
The Well PT was designed to elevate the standard of care for those living with chronic pain by offering more accessible, holistic and empowering care options. Here you will learn to optimize your movement, balance your body, calm your mind, and heal your spirit.
As a member of The Well PT community, you will learn the science behind chronic pain, the challenges it creates for your body and mind, and strategies to move better, feel better, and get back to doing the things you love. You will learn techniques and strategies to manage stress, one of the primary culprits in the chronic pain cycle.
The idea began while Ashley was working as an outpatient physical therapist and living with daily, widespread chronic pain. She was frustrated with the lack of clarity and guidance as a chronic pain patient. As a clinician she also noticed barriers to quality treatment for those living with chronic pain:
- Effort required to regularly travel to the clinic was a strain due to increased pain, fatigue, exposure, or bad weather, resulting in missed visits and inconsistent progress
- Insurance restrictions resulted in shortened visits and lack of coverage of ongoing services, despite chronic pain being a continual disorder
- Long-term management of chronic pain was lost after discharge from PT due to a lack of resources and ongoing support and dependence on the therapist
Ashley found that many of those with chronic pain benefitted most from education, gentle exercise, and instruction on self-treatment techniques. A treatment model built on empowerment and not dependence. After realizing that many of these concerns could be solved through an online model, The Well PT was born.
Benefits of Joining The Well PT Community
- Flexibility: enjoy the freedom to learn and develop a wellness routine at your own pace
- Convenience: our wellness courses are offered anywhere with an internet connection to be enjoyed from the comfort of whatever healing environment you see fit
- Empowerment: learn more about yourself, your chronic pain, and techniques you can utilize any time you need them
Dr. Ashley Drake, the founder and owner of The Well PT, specializes in the treatment of chronic pain conditions. Ashley believes that a diagnoses is not required to begin the healing process and improve your quality of life.
These types of conditions include:
- Headaches, including migraines and tension headaches
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Low back pain
- Pelvic pain including pain with sex
- Pain associated with the bowels and GI system
- Pain associated with the bladder
- Pain associated with autoimmune conditions such as fibromyalgia
- Many more…
Services are offered in a variety of formats including:
- Courses catered to help those with chronic pain understand and manage stress
- In-depth blog covering a range of topics including: pain science, stress management, and exercises to improve mobility and promote relaxation
- Resources and provider list to broaden your knowledge and help you find hands-on practitioners near you
The Fresh, Not Stressed Method
Stay tuned for the launch of our first course in Summer 2020! These courses will provide Ashley’s step-by-step process of understanding and managing stress. All courses are designed for those living with chronic pain, but are for general informational purposes and are not considered a form of physical therapy. Learn more here.
Still have some questions?
Contact Ashley here.