Meet Ashley, the owner and founder of The Well PT- a business built on a dream of helping those struggling with chronic pain conditions.
After a decade of suffering with widespread chronic pain and other health issues, Ashley has found a lifestyle that allows her to live with minimal daily pain and lead a more happy and fulfilling life. She hopes to allow you to achieve the same goal with far less frustration.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy | MGH IHP
- Certified Nutrition Coach | NAFC
- BS in Biology + Movement Science | HWS Colleges
In her free time, Ashley enjoys mountain biking, spending time with her rescue dog, Cinnamon, and hunting for the perfect breakfast spot.
The Story of The Well PT
The idea began when Ashley was working as an outpatient physical therapist while living with daily, widespread chronic pain. As a patient herself, she was frustrated with the lack of clarity and guidance that seemed to accompany many medical visits. As a clinician she struggled to find the time and resources required to adequate address all aspects of her clients chronic pain and stress and avoid other barriers to quality care such as:
- Effort required to regularly travel to the clinic was a strain due to increased pain, fatigue, exposure, or bad weather, resulting in missed visits and inconsistent progress
- Insurance restrictions resulted in shortened visits and lack of coverage of ongoing services, despite chronic pain being a continual disorder
- Long-term management of chronic pain was lost after discharge from PT due to a lack of resources and ongoing support and dependence on the therapist
Ashley found that many of those with chronic pain benefitted from education, gentle exercise, and instruction on self-treatment techniques, in addition to hands-on therapeutic techniques. A treatment model built on empowerment and not dependence. After realizing that many of these concerns could be solved by a cash-based (and not insurance regulated) treatment model and the addition of online resources, The Well PT was born.